Autumn - Winter
- Aerate soil particularly if you have heavy clay soil.
- Check your ph, does it need a top up or lime or dolomite.
- Fertilize with a high Potassium granule fertilizer to toughen the grass before winter
- Remove fallen leaves to ensure grass has adequate sun and doesn't cause bare patches
- Water once a week or less depending on water restrictions.
- Mow when needed or once every 3-4 weeks ensuring to cut the grass at a higher setting
- Remove the thatch built up over winter – hire a dethatcher if required
- Aerate soil again, taking particular note to places that are high traffic areas
- Top dress the soil if needed.
- Fertilise with an organic fertilizer such as dynamic lifter to encourage root growth before the maximum season or leaf growth begins.
- Keep and eye on any emerging weeds and remove or poison.
Spring to Summer
- Gradually decrease the height of your cut and begin to mow more frequently as it gets hotter
- Water once to twice a week in the evenings or mornings if possible
- Keep weeds under control
WATER WISE TIPS